Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Tasty Tuesday Recipe: Breakfast Casserole Muffins

So, I tried to think of something other than yummy sugar muffins to make for Matt to take to work. He usually eats a bagelwich concoction, but I knew there had to be something out there that would be high in protien, not too bad for you, easy to heat up and eat, and would fill the man up. So alas, Breakfast casserole muffins!!



What you need:
1 pound sausage, browned and drained, I used owens this first time around
6 eggs
1 cup Bisquick
2 cups half-and-half
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 cups grated cheese

What you do:
Place drained sausage evenly in muffin tins which have been lightly greased. Mix eggs, Bisquick, half-and-half, salt and pepper together.

Pour evenly over the sausage. Top with grated cheese. Bake for 25 minutes at 350.

Optional: While browning sausage, you can add some onions, green peppers and mushrooms. Also, bacon or ham can be substituted for sausage.

Obviously I can not eat these things with all of the lactose involved, but Matt said they turned out yummy=)

No comments: