Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Baby room pics

Here are some pics of the early stages of Baby K's room. We got the furniture in a few weeks ago, put together, and all set up. It all came in great and was very easy to assemble!!! We love it!

Crib - great for extra storage for now=)


bookcase/extra storage cubbie



And the dresser that will double as the changing table=)



And Now... below is a photo of my new project. I have been debating on whether to get a rocker/glider for the nursery, I wasn't sure if I would use it a whole lot, and being that the nursery is upstairs, not sure how much time I will spend up there in the room, etc. And I didn't want to spend a lot of money on such a "nursery look" chair, but we don't have a rocker anywhere else in the house, so long story short, just been going back and forth on the whole thing. But thought I would keep my eye out for a good deal, just in case, and found this chair on craigslist for $40!!! and its PERFECT!! It's definitely not a big daddy chair, matt had a hard time getting out of it and when he sat in it his knees were like above his chest. So not for someone 6'3, but perfect for petite someone 5'2=) It's small, cozy, VERY comfortable, and I love it! Bernie loves it too. We have been sitting in it alot while reading or on the computer. So now I am on the search for a good deal on some fabric. I know I will re do it a neutral brown/khaki, color, I also know I want to do the nursery a creamy color, whether baby k is a girl, or they change their mind next time, so will probably start the process of priming it soon=) I love projects=)



2 comments:

Kelly said...

Lookin good so far...all we need is to find out for sure what you are having so you can pick out the bedding!!

Becky said...

thanks! my mom and i are making the bedding=) super excited about that, can't wait to get started!! i have my eye on some girl fabric, so just waiting for the confirmation, but pretty sure its girl, but just don't want to have to redo it ya know?