Thursday, November 24, 2011

Holiday ideas, tips, and themed gifts

Happy Black Friday y'all!
I hope everyone had a Gobbulous Turkey day!
Since the holiday shopping season has officially begun, I thought I would share a few tips and gift ideas.

My first tip for giving gifts is to go GREEN!
use these...



and for the kids...

Stop spending $$$ on super expensive gift bags, (for all occasions, not just the holidays, I can't tell you how many huge baby gift bags I STILL have (but VERY thankful for all of the useful gifts!!) For any occasion...just put the gift in a reusable bag!) I even saw some really cute bags today at Best Buy for $1.49 each, right by the registers. They were a great size, and have a super cute grey, yellow and white print on them. HEB (our grocery store) also had some with ornaments if you wanted to get some that were holiday themed. So go GREEN! It's fun, different, and it's like two gifts in one!!

And now for my other tip...
Are you super busy and don't have time to shop? Do you have the hardest people to buy for? Do you have large families where you buy extended family gifts?!?! If so, this is for YOU!
Pick a theme, and go with it.

Magazine subscriptions!

These are so fun and who doesn't love getting mail every month, or week?
People, Time, Martha Stewart, Golf, Better Homes and Gardens, the possibilities are endless and you can find something for just about anyone on your list, old, young, male, or female!!!
BEST part, most of them are under $12!!!

Books!
Go hit up your local B&N, and get a book for everyone on your list. It could be the same book for everyone, or something they love, or one YOU love and just want to share!
Gift cards!



I found these here. When you are doing your weekly grocery shopping, you can easily pick up a few of these at the checkout, you can save time, one stop shop, AND still be somewhat personalized be somewhat personal because there are so many to choose from!



Linking up here:

Photobucket

2 comments:

Christa Cox said...

Your blog is so cute!

Anonymous said...

Love your blog, came over from followers fest. That is such a good idea about the bags. Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to read more.