I can't believe I have a 15 month old toddler running around our little casa! Most of the time I am too busy chasing after her to think about it, and other times, it's such bliss to think and see that we have this beautiful little girl, our beautiful little girl, toddling around EVERYWHERE! She is doing SO many things now, I know this list is long, and I'm sure some things are left off, but here is what we could think of...
Cate Elisabeth, at 15 months you:
~are 25lbs 1oz - 80%, and 33 1/2 inches - off the charts. You had a great pedi visit last week. Dr. T. said, once again, you are a "great grower," and VERY healthy! You even passed the finger prick test and tested negative for anemia! YAY!!!
~are running around everywhere, there's no stopping you, pictures are near impossible.
~play play play all day.
~still love Mickey, Sesame Street, and Super Why
~say "dada" - sounds like "dada," "mama" - sounds like "vava," working on those "M's" but for now, I am "Va Va!," "please" - which sounds like a grunting sound, I don't even know where to begin spelling it, but you make the same sound every time we ask you to say "please," (I may post a video of it) and you are starting to really focus and maybe try to say more words when we ask you!
~know other family members Gigi, Pops, Auntie Ash, Jojo, and Grandpa very well now, and will point to them when we ask where is...?
~love to sing ABC's, Itsy Bitsy Spider, 1,2 buckle my shoes, and really just singing in general. When we ask you to sing, you will say "yayayayaya," so precious.
~love to look at and "read"books
~follow pretty much any and all commands, for example one day I asked you to "go get mama's water bottle," which was across the room on the floor, you stopped what you were doing and went and got it, and brought it to me! So amazing to see everything you understand!
~started throwing balls and other things, thank you Pops for teaching her that!=)
~like to feed Bernie and watch him eat
~love dogs in general, you point and wave and just stare at them
~have gotten really good at blowing kisses and waving hi and bye bye
~love being outside.
~can shake your head no for when you don't want something, point to what you do, and still sign "more", "eat" and we are working on "thank you," but it's so similar to blowing kisses, not sure if we will get that one...
~can identify body parts(touch when we ask), your nose, head, toes and as of yesterday, your ears!
~have four front teeth, two front bottom, four one year molars, and the back ones are on their way in, hello Humphrey's!
~are a fantastic (healthy) eater. The things you don't like are supposedly kids' staples like mac and cheese, chicken nugget, pizza, hot dogs, etc., and let's hope it stays that way!
~are in 18 (maybe some 24, depending on brand) month clothes, size 4 diapers, size 5 shoes
~sleep from 7:30pm-7am, still take two naps still, one-one hr in morning and one 1-2 hr in afternoon
~are the most fun EVER! I can only imagine the fun yet to come! You bring us SO much joy everyday and have everyone who loves you wrapped around your little finger. Every "stage" (as I have referred to them before) keeps getting better and better, and this toddler stage is something else. We can't wait for you to just start babbling and talking our ears off. We know it won't be long! We love you SO much!
1 comment:
hi becky! thanks for saying hi on my blog today!! i came to visit and wow. you are giving me serious dejavu. we also have a weiner dog (Callahan) and when we were 5 yrs married, we had our baby girl. it was just us and Cal at home every day, me just delighting in all the things you've listed. my daughter signed those same words, watched the same shows, and was/is my joy. she is almost 9 and a half. thanks for taking me down memory lane tonight :)
Post a Comment