Tuesday, March 30, 2010

San Antonio Weekend

This past weekend we went to San Antonio for a little get away. We had so much fun and it felt like we were gone way longer than a couple of days, probably because we packed in so much fun in so little time. I have been to SA a number of times, but never to do the "fun" stuff, and I heard from some that the Riverwalk isn't all its cracked up to be, etc.. but let me just say, I thought it was beautiful and really enjoyed doing the touristy sight seeing thing=) Thanks to our iphones, we were able to get where we needed to go and eat where we wanted to eat=)
We arrived Thursday night and ate at La Fogoata, very yummy, and felt like we were in Mexico. The atmosphere was beautiful, great music, and apparently the BEST margaritas, although I couldn't indulge in one with Matt, but he said that was probably the best one he had ever had=( Soon enough=)

We stayed here, a sweet little B&B in the historic, the 1908 Ayers Inn. Very, very cute Inn, and
the breakfast was fabulous!!


This was the separate little guest house we stayed in!


Some views from inside the main house..









Friday morning, we decided to go to the ZOO!! It was so fun, way bigger than I thought, and made me even more excited to go in another year or two when baby K can name all the animals and see them! That will be SOOO fun! Here are a few pics, but I will post more on FB=) We/Matt took a lot of pics, my picture taking privilege was revoked after taking the first pics at the zoo of the bears, where I wasn't even getting the bears in the pics, because I was so fascinated by them, needless to say, I think Matt will be the family picture taker=)
This little bundle of joy made the trip to the zoo TOTALLY worth it! SO cute!


Look how little baby monkey is...





Baby K and I checking out the crocs





After eating lunch at La Fonda, which was literally around the corner from the B&B, we went on a Riverboat tour...



Enjoying the ride, although, I thought we went a little fast, there was hardly enough time to keep up with what the tour guide was saying and pointing out=

Scared out of my mind... can you see why?!?!?! That's all I'm going to say...




Me by the curled palm tree





This wisteria was gorgeous and smelled oh so yummy!




We stopped by this theater and caught a mexican dancer and mariachi show.
This lil guy was so cute dancing with the ladies=)




The live band

This was my favorite group. This was the finale, and they had the most colorful dresses and it was a very lively ending!

Saturday we went and met Carl, a guy Matt works with, and his group of friends that have an annual camping/fishing/fish fry trip at a place called Rebecca Creek Park, outside San Antonio. It was so serene and what a beautiful weekend it was for them!

All of the groups tents..




Pretty yellow flowers all around the site


one view of the creek







This small waterfall was perfect!



This was the most quiet and serene setting I have seen in a long time. Hope to go back very soon! We really enjoyed our weekend away and I highly recommend our itinerary if you are looking for a fun time close to home!

No comments: