Monday, March 29, 2010

24/25 week update

And here we are...

of course the pink tank shot=) There she is!
Another week down! I don't know where the time is going! Matt and I had a fabulous time in San Antonio this past weekend. I had SEVERAL complete strangers ask me in some way, shape, or form if I was pregnant, so I must be showing finally;) And for their sake, good thing I do have something growing in my belly! But it's funny because some friends say I look way more pregnant in person than in the pics, and I saw someone the other day who I haven't seen in maybe a month, and when I told her I was pregnant, she asked, "6 months, or 6 weeks!?!?!" So who knows. But anyways, we went to the zoo, riverwalk, saw mexican dancers in the really pretty dresses, then went to a friends camping extravaganza at this beautiful area park called Rebecca Creek, but I'll post more on that later. For now, here is the 24 week update on week 25!
Last Thursday we went for our 24 week checkup and I had the glucose test done. The liquid I had to drink was not bad at all!! I would totally drink it again if need be, so if you have a choice, go with the lemon lime flavor;) It tasted like the off brand of Sprite. So that definately made things easier. We checked in, got my finger pricked (I would much rather get the blood drawn from my veins), and then went to see the Dr. I PASSED the glucose, no problem, but my iron level was lower than they like, which explains why I was the most tired I had been in my life last weekend and early last week. I told them that I had been sick for the past 3 weeks and that I wasn't eating as much or as good as I normally do, but had finally gotten my appitite back two days prior and should be good to go. The nurse just told me to make sure I am getting my protein and green veggies. I normally am just fine with that, but was craving it while sick. Other than that, all was well. We got to listen to our little girl's heartbeat, which was at 140 and going strong. I told Matt too bad the nurse remembered to take that little heart rate monitor back out with her otherwise I'm pretty sure it would have easily fallen into my purse on the way out;) My belly measured an inch smaller than average, but the nurse said no worries there. We then chatted with Dr. C for a little bit and were then on our way. We go back in 4 more weeks, which will be the beginning of the 3RD TRIMESTER!!! Then we start going every other week!!! CRAZY!  

1 comment:

The Balch Bunch said...

hey! I have stalked yours too haha! i love reading other peoples blogs so i am so excited you have read ours! we are doing great with our little girl, it is truly a lot to get used to and a lot of work right now but the BEST thing EVER!

you are too cute pregnant! i am going to add you to our blog list so i can see your updates! i hope you are feeling better!

kelsey