Saturday, April 30, 2011

HOORAY, HOORAY! Matt's finished with his MBA!!!!!

Oh. My. Goodness! We can't quite believe it...yet! This week is the first week in 33 months (minus the short breaks) where Matt didn't have to go to class last night or tonight. It hasn't sunk in yet, still feels like he has to be gone as some point, to work on something...BUT he doesn't! It's been a long, yet fast and furious, 33 months, but now, a HUGE sigh of relief... he's done, finished, fineto!
Words can't express how happy and proud I am of my hubby. (and WARNING, yes, I am definitely going to brag throughout this post!) Matt knew when he was still doing his undergrad work at THE University=) that he wanted to go back and get his MBA. Matt found out that there were executive programs offered at UT where you could still work full time, and go to school, and he/we thought that was a great option for us. So he worked a couple of years after getting his undergrad, applied to the internationally-ranked program where around 250-300 apply and only 60 are offered a letter of acceptance, got a letter and he accepted into the program!
I DEFINITELY could not have done it. No way. There's no way I could have worked 50+ hours a week, gone to class for 3+ hours twice a week, meet up with a group for group work once or so a week, and have to meet up with them on the weekend, AND do the massive amounts of reading, studying, and individual work in between. Oh, and take on a managerial role at work six month into the program, AND have a baby with a little less than a year to go! I have one hard working hubby!!!
Congrats babe! I admire you in so many ways and am in awe of you for this accomplishment. You are and have always been a motivated individual, you set goals and achieve them, you want to better yourself for you and for us, you are such an inspiration, and we are SO proud of you! May 20th will be a day of MUCH celebration!! We love you!



No comments: