Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Excited, Nervous and Anxious..

Pretty much describes how I have been feeling the past couple of days. I just CAN NOT believe I am 40+ weeks pregnant! That just sounds SO crazy to me! We go to the Dr this afternoon, and have been waiting for this day since last Wednesday. Although Matt and I decided this past weekend, amusingly, in the midst of me watching THREE lifetime movies Saturday afternoon and TWO other movies Sunday afternoon, (talk about L-A-Z-Y weekend!!) that we were OK if she wanted to wait until mid-late week to make her appearance. That way I could get my hair done one more time, get a pedi, make some cupcakes for some thank-yous, and he could conduct some interviews at work. Well, check those things off the list. She can come now, we are ready=) I pretty much got NO sleep last night. Major insomnia. But luckily for this girl, I am good with 5-6 hours of sleep, unlike Matt, who needs what seems like 9-10! You name it, I think about it. I lay in bed and my mind just goes, I think, and pray and think and pray, and eventually fall asleep, only to wake up a couple hours later. We've been in this waiting period for what seems like forever now, and the fact that the time is actually here, (and after this afternoon we will know more of approximate timeline, we hope), is just UNreal. I can't wait to hold her in my arms, see Matt hold her in his arms, and embrace the reality of becoming parents!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

You crack me up with baking cupcakes:) Good luck!

The Balch Bunch said...

SO EXCITING!!! ALMOST THERE!