Sunday, January 10, 2010

Good Reads...

Of course, with being pregnant, most people (including myself) want to read up to prepare for baby. Even though most have told me, no matter how much you read, you can never prepare for what it's actually be like, which I can understand. What can be a more realistic help is hearing other mother's stories that you DON'T read in the books, (although sometimes you probably wish they didn't share cause it makes you all the more terrified!). None the less, I will continue to read, and I am sure continue to hear more stories from here on out=) Here is a list of what I have read so far and my "reviews" and thoughts.


This I actually read before I was prego. Good read but basically all the same things and a good summary of it is in What to Expect When You Are Expecting.


This was a GREAT book! I read it too before I was pregnant, and it has all the stories you may or may not want to hear told how it REALLY is. Gives you lots of tips and tricks, and basically you feel like you are getting great advice from a really close girlfriend, advice that does not beat around the bush and what the doctors don't tell you because they think it's not important.


This book, Baby Bargains, is also FANTASTIC. A great friend of mine lent it to me and I am almost done with it. It's kinda like consumer reports all for baby stuff. It rates everything from baby furniture, to bedding, to maternity clothes to what you need for baby, and it gives you tips with what you get for you money, what you should spend money and shouldn't, splurge on or not, and if you don't want to spend $$$ on a certain item, it gives you a good, better, and best, category. I have definitely been taking notes and have my mind made up on things that I know I want to get now. Thanks Catherine! Highly highly recommend this one.


Megan, another friend of mine gave me as a prego gift this magazine!! Great Great magazine and am subscribing to it. Thanks Megan!

Also, I get the weekly emails from baby center, fitpregnancy, and the bump. These are all really fun to get each week to see what size baby K is each week and what developments are happening!! Very fun!
If you have any other good reads, stories, tips, tricks, etc. Please feel free to share=)

I will be 14 weeks tomorrow! Still not showing and no bump yet, but feeling great... Second trimester here we come!!!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

You should also read Jenny McArthy's Belly Laughs. It's pretty funny...

Jessica Corn said...

"Belly Laughs" by Jenny McCarthy made me laugh my butt off!!!

Becky said...

what is belly laughs about?