Tuesday, January 4, 2011

My new year's "Outlook"

So, I usually don't make new years resolutions, I mean, who really holds themselves accountable for 12 months straight and makes sure they are actually sticking to them?!?!? If you have, bravo! and a big congrats from me, give yourself a pat on the back!=)

This year rather than a resolution, I'm calling it more of an "outlook" to always have, since I have just a little bit different view on life now.

I've always found myself being grateful for what I have. This includes many things I'm sure you can name and are on your list, God, my husband, family, friends, a roof over my head, car, clothes, food, etc. etc. I think many of these things people find themselves grateful for, but are you truly grateful for them? Do you really appreciate these things you have EVERY day? I feel since becoming a mother, I appreciate these things, and so many other simple things, SO much more. (especially since things have slowed down a little and the sleep deprivation is less..=) It's a totally different view and feeling of gratefulness and appreciation I can't even begin to describe.  When I look at my sweet, sweet girl every day, I think, WOW, am I am TRULY blessed. Especially here lately, I feel overcome with emotions just when I pick her up, hold her, squeeze her, kiss her, LOVE her. Matt (and I know I can speak for him on this) and I are just in awe of her.  The smiles, giggles (and other funny noises) she gives Matt and I are absolutely priceless! I am SO lucky to have my hubby, our precious baby girl, and our families, SO grateful for all of them, for our health, and each day we have together!

This precious face just melts my heart..
 This conversation...priceless

So with that said, (and believe me, I tried my best to sum up all of my motherly, scatter brained thoughts, and keep it short and to the point) my new year's outlook is that every day this year, I want to continue to truly be grateful more than any other thing in my life. Grateful for what I have, what I am blessed with, because I know there are others who are less fortunate.

No comments: