So, I really didn't get to do/do/wanted to do a lot of research on strollers before I had Cate. I had a friend that loaned me her sungride, and snap and go, and I bought a lightweight stroller, and received a jogger that works great for strolls in the hood, but, now that she is in her big girl carseat, I realized she/I needed something a little more functional, so I started doing research for which one was going to be the best for us...man was that a project! Who knew there were SO many options out there. I knew I wanted something FUNCTIONAL, something that I could actually lift up into my tahoe, not necessarily a "jogger" but one that would be suitable to take off sidewalks and streets if needed, one that would push easily, one I could take out and about and have a large basket underneath, because those of you who have joggers know that they come with baskets you can mayyyyyybe put your wallet in?! Anyways, EVERY time I found a stroller I thought I liked and wanted to almost buy, I would find another one that was better. Looonng story short, I first fell in love with the Valco tri mode, because it has the option to add a toddler seat! Cool right? A stroller that can grow with your family! Then, I fell in love with the Phil and Teds because you can have 2 seats that are the same size, then was debating on which phil and teds because they went from like 2 models of strollers to 5! FIVE... REALLY?!?! Finally settled on the P&T new explorer model, but I wasn't in love with the fact that this newer model weighed 2 more pounds than the previous years model, yet loved all the options, but Matt didn't like the layout of the seats. I was BEYOND tired of stroller searching and was literally about to click the "buy now" for the P&T explorer...then I came across this one...
Pretty right? The baby jogger city select! This one was PERFECT!!! One stroller, 20 options, including the option to add a second seat of the same size! AND you can face the seats towards you or face out! (probably one of my favorite features!) AND you can take the seat off, or leave it on, when folding to put in your vehicle, and with a frame weight of only 22 lbs, seat weighing 6 lbs, but can hold 45 pounds. I knew this was it!!
Some of the other features include:
Patented Quick-Fold technology ~ yep it's quick!
Telescoping adjustable handlebar for short to tall parents ~ perfect for us, and a must since I'm 5'2" and Matt is 6'3"
Huge underseat storage basket ~ yep it's huge!
Front wheel suspension ~ SO easy to turn and guide, I can guide it with one hand and hold the leash my other hand to walk Berns!
Front wheel suspension ~ SO easy to turn and guide, I can guide it with one hand and hold the leash my other hand to walk Berns!
8" lightweight front quick-release wheels with sealed ball bearings ~ I was hesitant about how these front ones would be, but they are great, smooth, and glide oh so easily!
12" forever-air rear tires feel like air-filled, but never go flat ~ YAY! no maintenance on tires!
Rear parking brake is hand controlled - no scuffed shoes ~ LOVE the parking break, Matt thinks its awesome too!
90 lb. maximum weight capacity, 45 each seat ~ cool, if that's what we need someday!
And here are what the options look like!
And here's what Cate thinks of it...
Happiness found! Highly, HIGHLY recommend this stroller=)


No comments:
Post a Comment