Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Reason #12 I am NOT a fan of Babies r us

12. Cate and I make a trip over there to exchange and buy the rest of the baby proofing things we need and the store is CLOSED for remodeling!!!?!? (March 7-21, the one in north Austin, so don't plan on going to that one).
I have NEVER, EVER seen ANY store close for remodeling. They always just do it and hang lovely signs that say "excuse our mess, etc." and just close off sections of the store, like the Kohls by our house recently did.
I was so frustrated, and it is yet another reason I detest BRU.
I've never really been a fan of them from the beginning. The first time I ever went into the store, I think it was to buy a shower gift for a friend, I was COMPLETELY overwhelmed. This was years ago before I nannied and had any clue about kids, still, overwhelmed and hated it. When I was pregnant and created my registry, I did it ALL online! I refused to go to the store, sit at that registry desk, get the gun, and proceed thru the store picking out things. Blah. I really don't know why I even registered there, if I knew about Buy buy baby, I would have just registered there instead!
Anyways in case you were wondering, here are the reasons leading up to the most recent reason I loathe BRU...
1. I don't like the North location, it's difficult to get to, ya you see it from the highway, but there isn't a clear exit to it, and then you still have to cut thru parking lots and such to get to it
2. I don't like the layout of the store, AT ALL
3. I don't like their return policy, you HAVE to have the receipt
4. I don't like their customer service, we've had unpleasant experiences every time we check out, the last time being the worst, I won't even go there
5. Their prices are higher than anywhere
6. Their website design/layout doesn't make sense to me either
7. When looking at/using a registry, it has issues with you logging in, at least when I was using mine and a friend of mine was using hers
8. The store is pretty darn huge, yet over half the stuff on the website is online only, not sold in stores, or even in the stores for you to try out
9. They ask you every time you check out if you need batteries 10. I just don't get a feel good feeling anytime I go in there, or leave from there, which leads to #11
11. I roll my eyes when I hear the name of the store, someone says the name of the store, and when I see their "sale" circulars in the mail
And #12. Apparently they close weeks for remodeling

I know, I know, some people like the store because it has everything baby, but I know some of my friends have had similar experiences as me and feel the same way I do. Let's hope this "remodel" is a darn good facelift, because if not, I will continue to protest and not spend my money there. We shall see, not until after March 21st though...:/





1 comment:

Jamie said...

i have had many of those same problems!!!!