Monday, December 7, 2009

28 and lookin' great!



I think it's about time to post a tribute to my wonderful husband who celebrated his 28th birthday last week, on December 3rd. ( I know I am a little behind, kinda had a lot going on=) I was lucky enough to go meet him for lunch, and that evening, I made one of his favorite meals, chicken and dumplings, FROM SCRATCH!!! (his mom's delicious recipe!) And of all things Matt requested a tres leches cake!?!? I am thinking two things, 1) I can't eat it, and 2) do you know how difficult and time consuming it is to make a tres leches cake!?!?!?!? I looked up a few recipes for TL on the internet, and NONE of them seemed to be any sort of easy. So I was like, there is no way! So I was just going to make him a yummy chocolate cake with a few extras on it, went to the store, and low and behold, I came across a tres leches cake mix!! So tres leches it was! I wasn't sure how it was going to turn out, but Matt said, "taste like tres leches=)" All in all, think he had a great day and thanks to getting Big 12 tickets in the draw, we went to Dallas on Saturday to watch the game=) What a great b-day present!! So here's 28 wonderful things I admire and love about him (sorry ladies this is one of the few times a year I have authority to share my bragging rights!, in no particular order)

1) He has a wonderful job at a great company
2) He had been very dedicated the past year and a half to his MBA program, and has done very well so far! Half way done!
3) He does the laundry more than me!
4) He is more neat and picks up more around the house than me
5) He helps when I ask
6) He unloads the dishwasher when he sees its clean
7) He lets the dog sleep with us
8) He is very good with electrical fix it things, no need for handy man needed at our house!
9) He is very appreciative that I cook meals for him for the week=)
10) He always helps me with the electrical devices around the house that I can't work or forget how to work.
11) He always updates my iphone and creates playlists, gets me songs I want, etc.
12) He does things he doesn't always want to do, i.e. put up Christmas decor outside when its 30 degrees
13) He is very good with budgeting and with our finances, (maybe a lil too good)
14) He is very understanding
15) He supports me with whatever I do
16) I don't have to ask him to take out the trash, or my recycling=)
17) He spent hours upon hours organizing all the photos on our computer in to nice neat individual folders
18) He is a really hard worker
19) He is almost complete opposite of me, which is why our relationship works so well
20) He is 6'3", over a foot taller than me!
21) He always needs/wants help with shopping and picking out clothes
22) He's pessimestic, while I am optimistic
23) He has great hair
24) He helps me understand football more and more every game I watch
25) I was going to say he is very smart, but he would say he "knows a little about a lot of things"
26) He watches my shows with me, even though he is sitting there with his laptop or somthing to keep him busy
27) His opinions are always sweet and truthful!
28) I think he has done pretty well for himself so far!=)

I could keep going, but that's 28 for now! Happy Birthday babe! I love you!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I like that "pessimistic" is something you love about Matt:) Also, Central Market makes a Tres Leches cupcake for about $2...much easier (and lazier) than making a whole cake:)