It's only been a month or so since I last blogged, and never finished blogging about Belize, or a certain someone's two year birthday, forgive me!
Here are some pics of the Lamanai ruins tour we did.
It was hot, humid, lots of bugs, but very worth it!
Sunrise (sort of) the morning we set out for the three hour one way tour...
Yes, I said three hour (one way) tour. For this tour, we rode on a boat one hour from San Pedro to the mainland, then got on a bus, rode one hour on a bus to the river, then rode on a boat up the river to the Lamanai ruins. They did not tell us exactly how long it was going to take to get there, but there was good sight seeing none the less.. we saw monkeys...
that during the river tour came on our boat, and ate bananas!
FINALLY we make it to the rain forest and can hike to Lamanai...
I'm pretty sure it was center of the earth hot at this place...but that's ok, just sweating off all the extra calories we consumed...right?!?
climbing to the top...
view from the top...
and we made it back down...
All in all we saw several ruins on this tour, some were still partially uncovered, and some were still totally covered and it looked like dirt mounds, and of course, we got to climb to the top of one!
Even though it was so hot, (did I say it was hot?!?=) it was totally worth the trip to see them and learn about the culture, even though I don't remember much about it because....it was SO hot, we just wanted to keep moving=)
If you ever do a tour like this...wear the proper clothing, (we did, except for my blue jean shorts, not proper) shoes, take sunscreen and bug spray, and be prepared to sweat, and you'll have a great time!=)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment