That title got your attention, did it not?=) HA!
This past weekend was definitely different from what we thought it was going to be, (and no, I'm not talking about the 55-17 loss, we won't even address that.)
It all started last Friday morning, with a text from my mom that said something like, "just a thought, we could meet y'all halfway and we could keep Cate for the weekend..." My first thought was, hmmm, well that means we could actually "watch" the game, but then I was like...I just don't want to send her off for the weekend...
Long story short, and after talking with Matt, we decided YES! It would be good for Cate, and good for us. She has TONS of fun with the grandparents and her auntie, and she will have a blast, probably more fun than she would have with us!=) So off we took her for her first weekend to stay with the grandparents...and our first weekend at home without her! So what did we do?!? Whatever we wanted!
On the way back from dropping her off, we/(Matt wanted to) stopped and took a picture with Miss Pearl the Squirrel, Berdoll farms newest addition...
Crazy huh? That's one big mama squirrel! Friday evening we didn't do much, we ordered Bridesmaids off the tv, didn't like it. Saturday we went over to our friends Jonah and Catherine house to watch the game with our fellow Longhorns and their two littles. I got some sweet snuggles with their new six week old precious baby Paisley, and Wyatt missed his friend Cate=(, but I showed him videos of her on my phone and he was like, "baby Cate, baby Cate!" Too sweet!
Saturday we also picked up and cleaned up around the casa. Much overdue. We also went out and did some casual shopping for some things we needed for the coming months, and if we spent an hour or two in one store, it didn't matter...we were on OUR schedule, not the schedule of our precious 15 month old=) When Cate is with us it's go get what we need between her naps, have a plan of attack, no messin' around, get in and get out of the store while she is content, so everyone has a pleasant shopping experience! Not this past weekend, we just looked...and looked...and looked... we even did more shopping and looking after our dinner date Saturday night! Sunday...you guessed it... MORE shopping, had to exchange some things from Saturday, and the BIG highlight, we became REI members! FUN and exciting stuff I tell ya! (I also found a dress for our family pics at nordies rack! My personal highlight=)
We went to pick up Cate Sunday evening, and she was SO excited to see us. She recognized the tahoe and started running towards Matt, SO cute! AND, she gave me two real hugs! I was holding her and she would kind of push back and look at me, then put both her lil arms around me and give me big squeezes! Sweetest moment ever! A sweet surprise and I LOVED it! I really don't think she missed us until she saw us, kinda like she did when we went on our weekend get-a-way a couple of months ago, but it's better that way=) The Grandparents, auntie, and all of her other visitors she is blessed with while she is there keep her really busy and entertained, and she has TONS of fun, while mama and daddy get LOTS of things done!

No comments:
Post a Comment