Thursday, August 26, 2010

Adventures of Mommyhood #1

So, if you saw my facebook post this week, you would know that I had sort of an "adventure" this past week on an outing with Cate. I decided to document these so called "adventures," only because I know, well actually I am absolutely positive, I will have many more "adventures" and lessons learned so to say, venturing out, and just being a first time mom and all... AND I am sure I'll just laugh at myself like I did at this one, because, what else can you do?? Hope you can get a good laugh out of them as well=)
We headed to target to make a return, and honestly, right now at this very moment, I don't remember what the return was. (you really do loose "a few" brain cells with all that pushing...good thing I only pushed for 40 minutes, can't imagine if I would have pushed for the "average" 2-3 hours most first timers, yes I know some of you hate me, get over it=) Anyways, we get there, I get a cart, and get Cate out of the tahoe and put her in the front part. I push the cart around, and as I am walking to the store, I realize, hmmm I can't see really where I am pushing this thing. No big deal, I can see the store so I just keep walking. It was only once I get into the store, literally almost hit this lady's cart, then when I tried to go around it I literally almost hit her probably 3 or 4 year old son that was wandering around. Geeze! THEN I realize(mommy brain), hmmm Cate is going to have to ride in the back of the cart! So I keep walking, and walking by all the registers to get to the return desk, hoping I wouldn't actually hit anyone. When I get to the returns desk, with all my strength I lift her from the top to the back. (that's a whole nother issue, how heavy the flipping carrier is, especially that fact that she is only adding to the heaviness because she is gaining weight like a champ. Yes, I do have the lightest graco snugride, but it doesn't seem to help, and yes I do have one of those super cute slings, and a Bjorn, and now realize the power of them, and WILL be using them) MAN! Good thing I wasn't going on an all out shopping trip! Why didn't any of my short petite friends warn me about this?!?! Oh well, one of many lessons learned I guess. I just laughed at myself because it didn't dawn on me until AFTER I almost hit someone that I should move her... anything else my petite friends need to warn me about?!?!=)

In other news, well really just Cate news, she is a whopping 11.5 pounds now, which means she gained ANOTHER pound in ONE week! She is about to be in size 2 diapers, the ones barely fasten over her big ole belly=) I am having a hard time putting up her newborn clothes that don't fit her anymore..=( Hopefully she will be able to wear her 3 months ones a little longer?!?!

Until the next adventure...

2 comments:

Berezoskis said...

I totally cried when I put noahs newborn clothes away!

The Balch Bunch said...

made me sad to put away the tiny clothes too... wahhh

anyhow, i didnt think to mention but i totally ran into tons of stuff one day at target...oops... as soon as Channing can sit up we are never taking that carrier in anywhere again... my peg perego is freaking heavy!