
Yesterday's appointment went wonderful! We went for the sonogram first and our sweet little girl was very cooperative, except for when the tech tried to get some face photos. She had her hands in front of her precious face, but that's ok. The tech got all the measurements and such that she needed in record time!! She said that all the organs, measurements, blood flow, etc. is exactly the way it they like to see it. We are so thankful and blessed that everything looks good and is going well. After that we went to see Dr. C and he was very pleased with the sonogram results. He said that we've passed the hardest test thus far and now I just need to keep our little one niiiiiice and cozy for the next 20 or so weeks=) I think I can handle that!
I usually don't have any questions for the dr. because everything has gone so smoothly thus far, but this time I had a few. Since spring and summer are coming up and I LOVE being in my swimsuit and in the sun, I asked him if that was still ok and he said with a grin, YEP, just do whatever you normally do, just don't over do it. CHECK!!!=) I HEART MY DR!!!! The other thing I wanted to ask him about was something I have started to notice while working out. I have been working out since before I was prego, usually doing about 30 min of cardio on my elliptical, then arm weights and leg exercises. Since my last visit, after doing about 30 min of light cardio, my stomach starts tightening up a little bit. It doesn't hurt or cramp or anything like that, but I wanted to ask him about it. He kind of grinned and chuckled a little bit and said, "those are braxton hicks and you should probably take it a little easier on that thing," WHAT?? So apparently I have been over doing it a little, but I wasn't ever out of breath and didn't feel like I was, but am sure glad I asked. He said was very proud of me that I have been working out though:) and to keep it up, just go lighter. So I shall=)
The nurse then gave us some information on child birth prep and other classes, and hospital registration forms to fill out. We go back again in four weeks and they will do the glucose screen for gestational diabetes. Fun! I choose the more sprite flavored drink, and they said it wasn't that bad. I will be the judge of that=) After the next appointment, we start going back every other week!! Crazy! I can't believe how this pregnancy is flying by!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment