Just thought I would document a few, well really a lot of, things that Cate is doing these days. In the past few months since she has had several developmental milestones, and also started doing so many things, and saying so many things, I think because of being in school and just on her own developmentally, I thought I should document. So here is what she is up to at around 28 months:
~She can sing her, and identify her ABC's, ALL of them. After she says what one is she will usually say what it is for, like B is for "bebe" (Bernie), M is for Mama, D is for dada, E is for eat, G is for Gigi, J is for Jojo, P is for Pops, T is for tee tee, etc. You get the idea. I would say she is pretty obsessed actually with letters, because whenever she sees one or some either on TV or if we are driving and she sees them on signs, etc, she will start saying whatever they are, (E for example, and say "eat"), or she will just start singing the alphabet from whatever letter she picks out. We went and got my car washed the other day, and while we were in the lobby waiting area she was picking out ABCs on a sign that was actually backwards to us, but she knew all of them, and the lady sitting next to us was quite impressed!=) She asked how old Cate was and, was like "wow, even backwards!!" I said, yes, she is pretty good=) For those of you wondering how she knows them so well, we bought the bathtub foam letters way back when, I can't even remember how long ago but we would play with them every night, she still loves them, but that was her first introduction to them. Highly recommend them, the package had ABCs and numbers 0-9. She also played the heck out of the educational apps on our phones, ABC ones and 123 ones. Thank God for the iPhone.
~Cate is pretty much the same with numbers 1-10, and we are working on 11-20. I posted the video a while back of her counting the playdoh numbers, and well now, she is a master counter.
~She knows several colors, red, blue, green, orange, yellow, pink, white, black, brown, grey, purple, etc. She learned her colors a long long time ago too. We had a quilt from Matt's grandmother that had just had lots and lots of color blocks in squares on it with all the main colors, and we would just lay the quilt out and hop around and say what colors were what, and just play games with them. Now, if something has color, she will say what it is, "purple ball" "pink ball" etc.
~Her language had just completely taken off. I think that was one of the things that was just her developmentally, and also with starting school, but everything out of her mouth now is three and four word sentences. Crazy, like "help me please Mama" etc.
~She knows her feelings, and will say "Cate happy" or "Cate sad" when appropriate. She will even say "Cate mad"! Ha!
~She repeats everything, still, and now I can say something completely new and she will say it, no hesitation and it sounds perfect.
~She loves school, loves her teachers, and I love that we have the opportunity to send her. It's so good for her, and I can only imagine what she will be like three months from now and at the end of the year. It seems all the kids now in the class are in their groove and they all go in and know what to do, and aren't sad they are getting dropped off. I drop Cate off and she says "bye mama" and she's off to play and doesn't look back.
~She loves talking to the baby in my belly now, and kisses my belly, and says "hi baby" and "oh baby" and will rub my tummy and say "awwww"
~She has decided she doesn't really want to wear a diaper, so let the potty training begin!
I could go on, and on, and on, now about what she is saying, and doing, but I would be here all day=) She just keeps changing so much, and is so fun, and FUNNY (most of the time=) that I can only imagine what's to come=)

1 comment:
I love that picture of Cate! She is so precious and happy!
Post a Comment