Wednesday, May 9, 2012

A slew of Cate Firsts

A few weeks ago Cate had her first cold, (not her very first cold ever because she did have a few little colds during the winter) but this was her first cold with a fever!;( since she had fever I panicked because it was the first fever she had ever had, so I made an appointment and took her in, on after hours time, for an extra $25, for the dr to say she just had a cold with fever.  BUT, her ears looked fine, so that was the good news. The dr. said that if her sleep habits start to disrupt to bring her back in, that it's likely she will have an ear infection. 
Sho nuff...two weeks later, she wakes up at 1am and poor thing tried and tried and tried to go back to sleep, but never did. I went up a few times to check on her, she wasn't fussy at all, which is what threw me off, all she wanted was a kiss from me and me to leave and close her do. So that's what I did. Matt finally got up with her at 5, so I could at least get an hour or so of sleep, (because Cate was up she was starting her music player, thus mama was awake too during this time). So mama got some sleep, then called the dr. at 8 to make her an appointment. Cate still awake...we took her in at 11, dr. confirmed it was an ear infection in her right ear, gave us an rx. and we were on our way.
Here is a pic of our poor, tired little girl that morning...


and a video of her sawing some logs because poor thing was sooooo congested...
After a few doses of the antibiotics, she was good to go. We just kept giving her motrin and mucinex as well, and are suppose to take her back next week or so to make sure everything is cleared up! Thankfully, this first ear infection wasn't too bad! Cate is definitely back to her old silly self again, and I think she has kicked it up another two notches in the energy level department. Yikes...

No comments: