Friday, January 13, 2012

We FINALLY made it to the REDWOODS!

"Wow"...that's what Matt and I say when we look back at the pictures from Tahoe, and the road trip to Yosemite. We had no idea the beauty we would find. Just gorgeous! The whole day was totally worth it, even driving an hour through to the south side of the park to Mariposa Grove...
we made it!!!


we did a little hiking...

a fallen tree's roots...
SO serene and beautiful...
I must admit...as much as I wanted to see a bear on this trip...my blood pressure was a little high as we hiked through the grove...thinking one would come out to meet us at any moment...
but no bear...

I put it into perspective...


A comparison for the giant tree...






checking out the giant...

the tunnel tree...



unfortunately this was as far as we could hike, because we were running out of daylight. we didn't make it the extra mile to the museum and fallen tunnel tree=( Oh well, these were definitely sights to see!!
had to stop and hug some trees...

and so we headed back to Lake Tahoe....it was a FULL day, but SO fun and very adventurous for Matt and I.  We saw some breathtaking sights.  Best. Road trip. EVER!!!

No comments: