Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th of July!!!

Hope everyone had a Happy 4th! This is the dish I made to take to our festivities, called corn salsa!! Thought I would share this with y'all, BELIEVE ME... it's YUM, healthy, colorful, AND best of all... lactose free for me, (and also vegan)!



Here's what you need:
(and you can sub and alter things as you wish, you can't really mess it up!)

2 cups Mexicorn drained
1 can black beans rinsed and drained
1 jalapeno chopped (most seeds out)
1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1/4 cup chopped red onion (or less depending on your liking, it adds great flavor though)
3 tablespoons lime juice
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients, cover and refrigerate a few hours, serve chilled.

I eat this with Triscuit olive oil and cracked black pepper crackers, also works well with Scoops chips. Enjoy!!

No comments: